Workforce Development Innovation Fund
The Workforce Development Innovation Fund is a special funding stream within the Workforce Development Fund (WDF). It aims to fund projects that are innovative in their approach to influencing workforce development in the longer term. It has a similar focus to WDF – on supporting ongoing professional development of staff through vocational qualifications by increasing skills and competence.
The innovation fund can only be utilised by adult social care providers that employ social care staff within England.
What will be funded?
Skills for Care is keen to fund projects that address and fulfil some or all the following:
- Overcoming current barriers in commissioning, accessing or delivering training
- Delivering or accessing skills requirements that are essential in meeting the future needs of adult social care employers, employees and the people using social care services
- Cost effective approaches to delivering learning and development and continuing professional developments
- Skills and qualification development which support prevention and early intervention through health and social care integration
- Emerging or hard to reach areas of the workforce e.g. Personal Assistants and individuals who directly employ their own care and support staff
- Continuing professional development e.g. QCF award and certificate qualifications in specialist skills, e.g. activity provision, stroke care management etc
- Person-centred approaches that focus on dignity and respect
- Projects that deliver (during and / or following the project phase) vocational qualifications that are aligned to the Qualifications Credit Framework (QCF)
- Projects that are scalable, transferable and sustainable
- Projects that deliver demonstrable business benefits and service quality improvements.
To see some of the projects funded last year through the innovation fund click on the links below:
WDIF case study – Awareness of autism project
WDIF case study – Deafblind champions and training project
WDIF case study – Personal assistant induction project
WDIF case study – Training courses for personal assistants and their employers
Process for accessing the innovation fund
Unlike WDF, Skills for Care will contract directly with organisations or partnerships of any size operating at area or national level.
The closing date for application is 1pm on 22 June 2012
Innovation fund application process
📱: 07540 704920
Leave a Reply